About Me

My photo
This blog is dedicated to toy stories from my childhood and anecdotes relating to my current toy collection and toy purchasing habits. As my late grand pa used to repeatedly tell me in Cantonese, "All Law Lop Sop." (It's all garbage).

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Huzzah for Beast Hunters!

Predaking *image courtesy of Tformers.com
Huzzah for Beast Hunters! I'm actually cheering for the newly announced Transformers toy line because I have no interest in it at all. Finally, some relief to the multiple Transformers lines that have been raiding my bank account this year. Between Transformers Prime, Transformers Generations, Transformers Masterpiece, Takara Tomy Exclusives, and third-party figures, I've been on a crazy purchasing spree with no end in sight.




Lazor Back  *image courtesy of Tformers.com
 Last week at New York comic-con, Hasbro announced the new Transformers Prime Beast Hunters toy line. Supposedly this new line will take up where Season 2 of Transformers Prime leaves off. The thing that bothers me is that Transformers Prime has been a run away hit, bridging the diehard Transformers fans with the Movie-verse fans. It's a great show with competent writing and pacing. How are they going to introduce tranforming animals and beasts into this world based on realism?



Soundwave  *image courtesy of Tformers.com
Judging from the few new product images the new beast characters look very serpentine-centric. Both Lazor Back and Predaking look rather Yu-Gi-Oh-ish with their chimera mix of beast traits. They remind me of Scourge (Cybertron) AKA Flame Convoy (Galaxy Force). I'm just not interested in returning to the organic transformers of the Beast Wars era.


The other new products shown were updated designs for returning characters Bumble Bee, Soundwave, and Wheeljack. All three Transformers look medieval in nature with added weapons and needless kibble. Compared to the sleeker designs of the progenitor releases, these just look cluttered and messy.
BumbleBee  *image courtesy of Tformers.com

In the end, every single design just doesn't peak any interest in me at all and I seriously have let out a sigh of relief. I will be spending a lot less next year. Now I just got to get through the next few months with the new Masterpiece, Prime, Generations, and Fortress Maximus coming out. [whimper]

No comments:

Post a Comment