About Me

My photo
This blog is dedicated to toy stories from my childhood and anecdotes relating to my current toy collection and toy purchasing habits. As my late grand pa used to repeatedly tell me in Cantonese, "All Law Lop Sop." (It's all garbage).

Friday, November 9, 2012

Old School Toy Commercials Rock

What happened to the old school stop motion toy commercials that spurred on a child's imagination? While today's toy commercials are slicker and more highly produced marketing vehicles for selling toys to kids they just don't resonate well with a child's imagination. Instead, modern day commercials tap into a child's need to have the newest thing instead of the need to create a world of their own.







While the toy commercials of yesteryear were definitely low budget they also inspired children to use their minds. The older low budget commercials from the 70's and 80's really knew how to excite kids. Maybe it's a sign of the times but you can not deny that the retro stop motion presentation approached kids from a more grass roots place, challenging children to imagine and invent their own dynamic worlds. I feel old. I am old. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment